Pages

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Baking Soda as Shampoo - 3 Weeks Later


Many have asked me in the last 3 weeks how I'm liking my new "shampoo".  I think the proof is in the pudding, so-to-speak.  My hair is shiny, healthy, smells good, and needs a wash a week.  For the last day, I do the "dry" shampoo technique which has consistently gotten rave reviews from unknowing coworkers.  I bought a professional applicator bottle (like one used for hair dye) for $1.49 which makes application MUCH easier.  I mix the standard 1TBSP of baking soda with 8 oz of water and gentle rock the bottle back and forth until the baking soda dissolves.  I then apply it to my scalp without wetting it.  That way I know I've gotten it on all my roots.  I massage around, making sure it's everywhere and then shower a bit, leaving it to do it's thing.  After a couple minutes, I wash that out and apply my "conditioner" which is a TBSP of apple cider vinegar, 5 drops of pure jojoba oil and 8 oz of water.  I put that on everything except the scalp and again shower to let it sit a while.  Then just rinse on out.

That's it!  My hair is soft, clean and doesn't attract dirt or odor.  As a little side note, I also started dropping a few drops of jojoba into my usual lotion and LOVE IT!  It's noncomedogenic so it won't make you break out.  You can apply it directly to your face without anything else and your skin will feel like a babys' bum. 

I'm also looking into natural body scrubs now.  Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment