Pages

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Loving my life

Living and working in NYC is amazing.  I see the Empire State Building (aka: my building) every day, I laugh at the weird people I see on the subway and I am making my way through the restaurants and coffee shops.  The job I finally started for real is perfect.  I assist the recruiters for the creative department and essentially get to play with excel all day.  I also interviewed with Starbucks and hope to get a part-time second job with them.  To be honest it's just for the coffee, but the extra pay won't hurt either.

In terms of living, until yesterday, I was staying in Brooklyn which meant a trek to work and back every day.  It was great though getting to stay with cousins I hadn't seen in years.  I feel like I got to know them better, which makes New York feel even more like home.  For the next week or so, I am with a friend in Hoboken until my apartment is approved with friends in Hamilton Heights.  It's so strange still that I'm really here.  New York has been a dream for so long that to be here and feel so calm and present is surreal.  I've gotten to see more friends and distant family than I thought possible and more are to come.  I can't wait to see what God has in store for me from here on out!

No comments:

Post a Comment