Pages

Friday, December 24, 2010

New York and California 2010

My trip to NY was amazing.  I spent time with friends and family, made new friends, and fell even more in love with the city.  I saw the tree in Rockefeller, an opera, a play, a holiday chorale celebration and Burlesque.  I went on job interviews, searched for apartments and saw myself in every walkway and subway station I could find.  I've known since I was a kid that I wanted to end up in this city and being able to create that reality is something very long awaited.  My cousin Noelle's family is in Brooklyn, so I hope to live near them while working in Manhattan.

I'm not known for my patience, so it takes everything in me to wait out the holidays so that I can start getting job offers and move.  Already events are happening that I wish I wasn't missing and I feel like my body is in California while my heart never left New York City.

My body is having a great time, though.  I spent a day with my best friend, then with friends in LA that I hadn't seen in a year, then with my oldest friend from childhood.  Today is my familys' Christmas, so in an hour I will be surrounded by all of my darling cousins, aunts and uncles.  I'm soaking up every moment I can with my California people in preparation for the move across country.  I. Can't. WAIT!!!!!

Happy Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment