Pages

Friday, December 31, 2010

Christmas and New Years 2010

Having been blessed with a very large family, Christmas was the usual chaos.  There were people everywhere, presents everywhere and food everywhere.  The day began with me sleeping in, thank goodness, and when I got to my aunts' house the festivities began.  There was laughter, presents and tears for our Nonna having passed away just this year.  We all leaned well on each other and were able to find the joy she would have found in the day.  The next morning, my mother and I drove down to Seaport Village and were met by my cousin, his girlfriend and his kids to spend the day together.  We walked around, had lunch and tried to remember the good times we all had with Nonna.  It felt strange being back in California without her, and I'm not sure it felt like Christmas.  It was really great to be able to spend this time with so many other people who love and miss her so much.

For New Years, I had planned to go to a concert.  Due to the price, however, and the fact that I don't have a firm job offer yet, I decided I wanted to spend that time cuddled on the couch watching movies.  As soon as I finish this post, that is exactly what I will be doing again.  But I wanted to take this time to close out 2010.  A list of my year.

Top 5 Positive Events:
1 - Lived in a new state and made a life of my own there.
2 - Found ACL...my first real church home.
3 - Made friends with a ton of amazing people in Austin.
4 - Got to stand with two of my best friends as they got married.
5 - Welcomed two new cousins into our family and spent time with many of my closest relatives.

2010 was honestly one of the toughest years I've had in a long time.  The years previous were amazing, so I am going to chalk it up to "I was due".  In my life things tend to happen all at once, and so they did.  I haven't been this happy to see a year come to a close since the beginning of this decade.  I am an optimist with buckets of faith, so I know that 2011 will be a perfect year.  I pray that everyone has a safe and happy New Years Eve.  Welcome, 2011 :)

Our Nonna...with a bottle of her favorite perfume that was mysteriously delivered to her old house 2 days before Christmas.



Me and my cousin Mary Jane who is like my sister.  I would not have survived losing Nonna without her.



 Singing with my Uncle


The cake pan our Nonna always used to make chocolate cake


"Molly Lu Who" Having fun with my cousins and my mama.

No comments:

Post a Comment