Pages

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Creative Bug

As those of you who know me may have noticed, I get into things and become slightly obsessed and then move on when something else interests me.  Right now, it's being creative.  Last weekend a friend had a big birthday party and took us all to this awesome place called Make.  It's huge, with various stations that let you create anything from jewelry to soap.  I decided to make a candle, which consisted of picking out colorful squares, placing them in a tin and then watching as the workers mixed the scent I chose with hot wax and pouring it over my squares.  The end result is pretty stinkin awesome...

Then this week I began brainstorming about what I could do with all my jewelry.  For years now, since I started traveling, it has all been kept in a pretty great travel bag.  But now that I have a real space to occupy I wanted to get it all out and more user-friendly.  The stores I went to didn't have anything that seemed like a good idea, so finally I picked out a simple, $3 chain at a craft store.  It is the color of my drawer pulls, so I hoped since it matched I could figure something out.  

Well figure something out I did!!  Check out how cute my jewelry looks now...and I can actually see it all, which will make mornings a heck of a lot more fun.







No comments:

Post a Comment